Thursday, February 22, 2018

[RANT] How much am I worth?

I have been working at a major hosting provider in Network Security, directly involved in the implementation of the most complex environments for the most well-paying customers. I've only been doing network security implementation for a few years, but I started writing automation a while ago to do my job, because no one else was going to do it.

The automation isn't done but it is partly functional and doing wonders. No one asked me to do it, so no one feels like I need to get paid more to keep doing it. It's to the point that I have a title vastly different from the work I do and the work I am getting involved in. The pay is also vastly different.

Instead of guess where I work, or who I am, how about you tell everyone how much someone like me is worth in your locale. I know automation, python, Ruby, Golang, and while I only have a CCNA R/S, I don't get paid enough to afford the CCNP R/S I should have.



No comments:

Post a Comment