Wednesday, February 21, 2018

RANCID with Enterasys devices

Hey all - I'm in the midst of trying out RANCID as a way of tracking changes to device configurations. I've got it working pretty well with Cisco and HP equipment in my test network, but my Enterasys gear is proving to be a bit more of a challenge.

I've been Google-fu-ing this problem for a few days and I've not found a whole lot of useful info on getting Enterasys devices to work with RANCID. I've seen some references to using rivlogin and rivrancid for Enterasys gear, but not a whole lot else.

I've got N3, B3 and C5 switches to work with in my test environment. My production environment uses those devices as well as other Enterasys gear.

If anyone has any experience setting up RANCID to work with Enterasys gear, I'd appreciate any tips and suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment