Friday, February 16, 2018

Question about RIPv2 and Juniper and Cisco routers.

Hi,

I am very new to networking but am trying to learn as much as I can. I have a Lab set up where I am trying to get a Juniper router and a Cisco router to talk to eachother through ripv2.

I have reached a point where I am stuck and can not get further. I have some simple questions.

Do I need to set a loopback ip address for the cisco and juniper routers and add that in to the ripv2 configuration on each side?

The problem I am having is I can not see a route from the Cisco to the Juniper routers or visa versa the way my configuration is. I have tried figureing it out on my own, but my google Fu is lacking, and I think my just lack of general knowledge.

Any help is appreciated. If needed I can post my configs. Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment