Friday, February 23, 2018

PXE over multiple subnets TFTP access error

Hey guys, first post in this subreddit! So hopefully I can submit a little troubleshooting post and not get banned.

Okay I've been trying to get this working all week. I set up a WDS/MDT server for imaging new computers on subnet 10.10.1.0/24 and it works. If I connect a computer on that subnet in that physical location it PXE boots and wala I get a freshly imaged computer.

Now, we have a second physical location connected via fiber. I want to be able to PXE boot and image computers over at that location without standing up another WDS/MDT server.

Everything I ready point to the fact people do this and it is possible with IP helpers and/or DHCP options. So at the second location I create subnet 10.10.2.0/24 and add DHCP options in Meraki.

PXE booting doesn't work. It gets to a point where the TFTP times out or PXE-T04 Acces violation then PXE-E36 TFTP server error. So I try removing the DHCP options and use the boot server options. Similar error.

I tried booting into windows to do a little wireshark troubleshooting. I enabled TFTP client on windows 10 and requested the boot file. 2 packets. The request and the response. So I know they're talking. Again Access Violation. I've changed all the security settings on the remote share I can think of but still keep getting the same issue.

Any thoughts? Where do I add IP Helpers in the Meraki Dashboard?? I feel like I'm close..



No comments:

Post a Comment