Thursday, February 22, 2018

New to the industry... what should I be doing at work?

I was hired as an intern by this company last summer. My boss had me work on a bunch of low-level IT stuff, both for him and for the rest of the Network Operations team.

Said boss retired over Christmas, and the company hired me back part-time to help ease the transition and lighten the team's load. But now nobody's telling me what to do, and I'm unsure how to take the initiative. People only come to me when there's a problem with the software that only my boss used. Like 90% of the time I'm just doing homework or trolling about on reddit.

I don't want to be the slack-off employee who only works when someone's looking over his shoulder, but right now I'm at a loss for direction. How can I take an active role in improving our network operations?



No comments:

Post a Comment