Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Networking now requires developing???

Forgive me if this is not the right subreddit but I know that this subreddit has helped me out significantly.

Ok I live in state of Washington. A company moved me here almost 3 years ago. But the company couldn't generate enough sales to keep me afloat even though the work I did was the highest, the margins were low. So they had to let me go.

Now facing a new world and being laid off the first time in my entire life, I find that that NOW a lot of networking jobs require developing/coding.

I have CCNA, partial CCNP, Brocade certs (which don't mean much), Palo Alto, and a few others but it doesn't seem to not matter without some sort of coding.

what the hell? when did the world instantaneously go to coding?

anyone have any advice on what I should be doing, I'd appreciate it.

Also note, I have over a decade of server and virtualization experience but it isn't cloud ... so how the heck do I get cloud exp without having cloud?

Do network jobs (now) really require DevOps/Coding skills right now?*

I've done VMWare for years, but I have no cloud experience, how much different is cloud VS VMWare ESXi? I also have done HyperV experience as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment