Saturday, February 17, 2018

Need help with HP switches. Need to see what device is connected to a port

EDIT: solved

Hi all,

our company has many HP switches and I need to find out what device is connected to what port on a switch.

Let me explain:

I need to document our network and as the people before me werent able to do so, I have no documentation of the fibre connectios. I do not know what fibre line goes where.

We do not have a fibre switch which would be nice but our company says its too expensive... So we use standard Switches to distribute fibre to the other rooms.

I do have all switches MAC adresses and IPs and my question is, can I somehow get the CLI to show me what device is connected to a specific port? I understand that I can let it show me what MAC address is located on a port. This is helpful but not what I want. I need to know for example what the MAC or IP of the device is, that is connected to port xx on the first switch. With this info, I can create a map of the fibre lines in the company as to date no one knows which line goes where

Help would be really appreciated

Thank you very much



No comments:

Post a Comment