Thursday, February 15, 2018

ISR4k & SPAN

TLDR: Does SPAN/Monitor traffic count against the throughput feature license on an ISR4K (specifically a 4331)?

The ISR4K line is a decent little box, except for the throughput 'feature' license which grinds my gears every time I have to deal with it.

I need to get a long-running packet capture to troubleshoot a nagging video QoS issue (playing the carrier blame game) from a remote site where we're using one of these as our CER, but it's a pretty high throughput site on a 1G circuit which is already hitting the max 1G aggregate throughput limit on a 4331. I'm concerned whether the SPAN traffic would count against that throughput license and am completely failing at finding a clear answer in Cisco's documentation, plus I don't have an ISR4K of any variety in our lab since this site was recently brought on as part of an acquisition.

The next step is to ship out a TAP but I'm waiting on it to come back from another site so that's still a couple days out at least.

Anyone able to confirm whether or not SPAN traffic would count against that throughput cap?



No comments:

Post a Comment