Thursday, February 15, 2018

I have to add 750 ports to a building - suggested setup?

I've never had to add that many before. Most port counts I deal with can be housed in a single, unstacked switch. I already have 3 HP 5400zls in use in the closet these ports will be added to.

As of right now, there won't be a ton of data flowing over these ports, but who knows what the future will hold. We will have about 150 ports of HD IP TV, 150 ports of surveillance cameras and the rest will be random endpoints PCs and whatnot. 100Mb layer 2 is all I need...for now. We're in the very early stages of this so I just want to start wrapping my head around what gear might be best. Our whole environment consists of about 15 HP 5400zl switches. Any suggestions to what I should start looking at?



No comments:

Post a Comment