Friday, February 16, 2018

Guest Network content/data filter

I'm utilizing Ubiquiti Unifi controller to manage my guest networks across a number of clients and it works great! However, I have an issue with one client in particular who seems to have guests carrying viruses or at least are flagging our local ISP systems enough to warrant not just an email but a phone call! I'm trying to put together a solution to direct all guest wifi traffic through a proxy like squid/pfsense and really tighten the reigns on guests ability to surf without going overboard. I'm hoping there is a simple product (open source is cool but I'd be willing to pay if need be) that will prohibit the spread of worms/viruses and protect not just the guest from surfing dangerous websites but the internet from some dirty person's laptop on the guest wifi.



No comments:

Post a Comment