Thursday, February 1, 2018

Enterprise vs Government

First 4-5 years of my career, I started out working in small and medium business networks. For the last 4-5 years, I have been a govt contractor.

I'm starting to wonder what would it be like working a large enterprise network outside of the gov't. It feels like being a government contractor earns more money with the demand for clearances, but I have been on contracts where there are incompetent teammates but they just hang around forever no matter what. They're just seats to fill.

What are the benefits of working in a large private company vs working as a contractor in the government? I would think in the government technology are a few years behind, projects move at a much slower pace, but you get paid much more. Also, being a contractor (depending on the contact), you don't work overtime or get paid working overtime.



No comments:

Post a Comment