Thursday, February 22, 2018

Difficulty With Small Business Network

Hello All,

I work for a small nonprofit and we are attempting to upgrade our wireless network. We are locked our of our old router (a Linksys EA6350) because no one knows the credentials and the coverage can use an improvement. I purchased a Netgear Orbi system to replace it.

the network configuration is:

Internet>Firewall>40 Port Switch The switch has both our Server (running Windows Server, I do not have access to it) and our Wireless router (Not in AP Mode) plugged into it.

Devices connected via wifi (192.168.1.xxx) are able to access the server (172.17.88.xxx) with the current configuration but I cannot seem to be able to make that possible with the new router without having it in AP mode (which is to be avoided as the organization wants all devices to have static IPs).

Is there something I am missing? It must be possible because it works now but I can't seem to make it work. Even setting the DNS to the internal server manually doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment