Tuesday, February 13, 2018

ASA5505 wont create crypto keys?

I am at a loss here..Ive tried google fu'ing the hell out of everything imaginable..For whatever reason I cannot get this ASA to generate new keys..Has anyone seen this before? Any thoughts on how I can resolve this?

  • %hostname%(config)# crypto key generate rsa general-keys modulus 2048
  • INFO: The name for the keys will be: <Default-RSA-Key>
  • Keypair generation process begin. Please wait...
  • % Attempt to generate RSA keys failed:

Alittle background..customer of ours has this asa..out of nowhere loses all ssh capabilties. I confirmed that everythign looked good in the config and further zeroize'd the keys just to run them from scratch and create up a new batch..this is when I now cannot create them up again..Not sure how to proceed..Any help on this would be great!

edit: have already tried zeroizing and starting fresh. No luck there.



No comments:

Post a Comment