Thursday, February 1, 2018

ASA webvpn vulnerability upgrade

If I have to upgrade an ASA to mitigate the latest and greatest webvpn vulnerability, do I have to also upgrade the anyconnect client? I upgraded ASAs before but never with webvpn enabled. I've read through the Cisco guides below but they are both silent on the matter. They talk about asdm compatibility and sourcefire compatibility module but nothing about anyconnect compatibility. The only anyconnect compatibility document I found lists compatibility with client OS (Windows, MAC, Linux, whathaveyou) but nothing about ASA firmware: Planning your upgrade: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/upgrade/asa-upgrade/planning.html Upgrade the ASA https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/upgrade/asa-upgrade/asa-appliance-asav.html#concept_F0701C3A86854801958757CEF1E4D999

What will the end user experience be? Will they have to download a new client? Does it happen automatically or do I have to send it to them through a side channel? I'm guessing I may have trouble with users that don't have admin privileges on their stations.



No comments:

Post a Comment