Monday, January 8, 2018

Wisp MPLS design

I am working on a new design for our WISP. We currently have around 800 customers and around 50 towers. We are getting ready to order 2 Mikrotik CCR1072's for our core routers and upgrade from a bridged network to MPLS. I have been researching this over the last few days but I am getting bogged down on the different implementations on how to go about it. I am not sure if I need to setup VRF's, VPLS or something different. We want to conserve IP space and implement IPv6. Possible setup a PPPoE server to handle accounts along with Static Public addresses.

Our needs are as follows Clients can get a NATed IPv4 address or static Public with PPPoE IPv6 support Ability to create tunnels for clients with multiple sites redundant connections for backhauls at different points of entry redundant upstream providers at different locations. Our main 10G connections comes from 1 locations while we have a couple 200M connections at different locations. redundancy will need to be set on a site (tower) level.

I have created a test lab using 4 Mikrotik routers joined as a ring using MPLS and OSPF. I configured a unique loopback address per router and /30s between the routers. Failover when breaking on of the links takes anywhere from 1 second to 30 seconds. I believe that is the OSPF timers??? Not sure where to go from here.

I would like to run a version of BGP for our public/nated ip addresses and try to keep things somewhat simple. Anyone have any good ideas on how to create the best design without being too complicated?



No comments:

Post a Comment