Thursday, January 11, 2018

What is your next move? What are you currently studying or want to get ahead of the curve with?

Hey Bros,

Long time lurker, rarely poster. However, I know there are a lot of really intelligent and informed people here. I'm asking this question because I have experienced something a lot of you have. Our IT has been outsourced at my company. While I am still thankful and grateful I have a job, I just feel like things are changing a bit.

I am sort of mid level on the pure routing and switching stuff, I do site builds and such and plenty of troubleshooting. I'm somewhat senior with the Cisco Collab stuff(cisco guy). However, I feel like more companies may make moves like this and they don't like spending for IT so we are gonna see more stuff as a service.

I wanted to go a bit further with R&S however, I do not know if I should just continue with collab. Honestly I have been looking at cloud too so I was thinking of digging in with AWS and start getting more comfortable with Python.

How are you guys keeping up with how fast things seem to be changing(at least for me). I've been told pretty much to double down and go deeper into collab as more money will be there.

What are your plans? Where do you see things going?



No comments:

Post a Comment