Friday, January 26, 2018

Using hostnames for RADIUS servers on Cisco switches?

Please forgive my dumb. I need to specify RADIUS server names based on hostnames, not IPs.

I've used aaa group server radius to create a group, and server company-radius-01 to put the servers in the group. However, the switches just seem to resolve my entry to the IP address, and put the IP address into the running config instead of the hostname.

I've used the server name command, but that doesn't seem to work. It enters into the running config fine, but I can't log in via my domain creds (and it does work if I specify the IP of the radius server via the prior commands). DNS resolution does seem to work, when I'm in the switches I can ping the RADIUS servers via the hostname and they resolve and respond.

What am I missing here?



No comments:

Post a Comment