Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Strange routing table entries pointing to NIC MAC in freebsd on AWS

Hi, I have a freebsd instance in AWS inside a VPC, that has routing table entries like this:

172.19.19.19 02:6e:09:e7:06:f8 UHS ixv0 172.19.192.7 02:6e:09:e7:06:f8 UHS ixv0 

However, the destination MAC is the MAC of the only NIC connected to the instance. I am not sure where this entry comes from. The flags say that it is statically configured, however I am at a lost to find how these entries come about. There are also corresponding incomplete arp entries in the arp cache.

? (172.19.192.7) at (incomplete) on ixv0 expired [ethernet] 

If I delete the route table entries, I am able to communicate with those IPs. However, these entries come back on the table after a while. Where could they be coming from, especially when they have UHS flags? I also have openbgpd daemon running on that instance, and thought that it was accepting this entry from some another bgp instance and so dropped this prefix there, with no changes. Any help is appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment