Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Software issues the final frontier; and the bane of my networking existence currently.

So I am working on a project where we have to convert Webex arf files into mp4. There is currently to my knowledge only one means of doing that, and its is via cisco's Network recording player offered by Cisco. We have an archive of 15min -75 hour (don't ask on the latter, I dont have an answer) sound files that need to be converted, some of these conversions are taking a super long time, but the catch is the CPU is only maxing out at 4% for the conversion process.

Have submitted Tier 2 TAC case, to which cisco responded with the typical "the application is operating as it should, and the issue is caused by the length of recording". I dont understand how an application cant utilize the CPU more or use parallel computing techniques to distribute loads of the audio file to different VM's.

Has anyone ran into this issue, any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment