Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Should I upgrade my Catalyst 3850 firmware?

I have a pair of 3850s that are managing BGP for our primary datacenter and was curious as to whether I should upgrade off of 03.07.05E?

I know that this was asked about 2 months back and the general consensus at the time was that you shouldn't move towards the 16.x code base just yet. Is this still how people are handling their 3850s at this point? I noticed that Cisco now lists 16.3.5b as a starred release suggesting that it is considered stable, but I figure I would ask the masses here what their feedback has been as I know that several people here manage some 3850s.

For reference the last time I know that this was asked:

https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/7dfqlz/new_cisco_wsc385012xse_what_version_of_iosxe/



No comments:

Post a Comment