Friday, January 12, 2018

Sharing IPv6 routes over MPLS (Juniper to Cisco)

I've run into a problem with sharing IPv6 over an MPLS network when doing it from Cisco to Juniper.

I've setup a test vrf on multiple Cisco routes and a Juniper. The Cisco routers see's all IPv6 addresses for the test vrf (TestIPV6) from each Cisco and I can ping between them if it's come from another Cisco router with the TestIPV6 vrf.

I can also see the routes advertised from the Juniper but cannot ping to them.

When looking on the Juniper itself I don't see any of the IPv6 routes active in the table from the other Cisco routers. For some reason they are showing as unusable but I'm not sure why.

I've put the ouput of the 'show route table TestIPV6.inet hidden extensive' on pastebin below:

http://ift.tt/2D7ynko

All IPv4 is fine. It's just IPv6. They are shared via route reflectors and the route reflectors do see all the routes.

I'm sure I've got the correct details for the BGP neighbour so I'm not sure what I'm missing:

set protocols bgp group internal ..... family inet unicast
set protocols bgp group internal ..... family inet-vpn unicast
set protocols bgp group internal ..... family inet6 labeled-unicast explicit-null
set protocols bgp group internal ..... family inet6-vpn unicast

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment