Wednesday, January 3, 2018

RANCID on HP/Aruba SW

Hey r/networking,

This question seems to be asked a quite a bit, I've been looking through other post to try and find an answer to this but haven't yet. Figured I'd make my own post.

Has anyone successfully gotten RANCID to work on HP/Aruba switches, and how'd you do it?

I'm running RANCID 3.3.0 on Ubuntu 16.04. My router.db file looks like this:

switch;hp;up

My clogin file looks like this:

add autoenable * 1

add method * ssh

add username * user

add password * somepassword

I have CVS Web setup, the object for my switch shows up in there but the config is blank. When I check the logs I see this:

Getting missed routers: round 4.

switch: missed cmd(s): all commands

switch clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached

switch: End of run not found

When I manually run clogin against the switch it works, logs in successfully and I can run commands like show run, show version, etc. Not sure why rancid-run is failing to run the commands. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment