Friday, January 26, 2018

Quick juniper question

Setting up a mx240 for the first time, (last time I was in a juniper was pre .com crash days) it's a new regional fiber rollout with no design plan or infrastructure to speak of so to speed things along, I built dns,syslog,dhcp,etc servers on a cluster in another building and used some vlans to get to the juniper to at least get the base setup. Now I'm to the point that I can separate the "isp" from the existing network, but I will need connectivity to the servers for a bit more.

Can I use the single ether net management port for that for now? It will eventually be solely for out of band management but I don't want to stop the momentum we have built up with this rollout because it only has 1 copper ether net port.. from what I've read it is not recommended, but it doesn't say it isn't possible...



No comments:

Post a Comment