Thursday, January 25, 2018

Network issues Once VPN connection is made

I have 2 offices that I used to connect through Hamachi. One is the main office and the other is a small post. When that office opened I used the same IP range as the home office (192.168.0.x). Both offices are a workgroup. Hamachi connected the offices and was functional. We were approved to purchase and install a Sophos XG210 into the main office. I would've liked to have setup more XG devices for site-to-site, but unfortunately, the approval was only for the main office. The post has 3 users and is run with a residential router like a Linksys. When they connect through the VPN client there are now issues with things like network printers at the post. I'm pretty positive that it's because of the IP ranges matching. I'm going to try to change the post's router to a different IP and handout a different range. Does this sound like it is my issue?

I'm thinking about using 192.168.1.x with a 255.255.252.0 subnet at the post. is there a better range that I should use?

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment