Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Network Computing Dissertation

Hi all,

I'm a university student in the UK, currently studying towards a BSc in Network Computing. Currently out on a placement year working in a sys admin type role for a massive motor manufacturing company.

I'm starting to think of some ideas for what I can study for my dissertation work which I will be starting in September - here are some of the general idea's I've came up with so far (although I'm struggling to think of how I could go really in-depth in them):

IoT devices - Security analysis IPv6 and IPv4 comparison Wireless security (maybe focusing on the recently revealed WPA2 vulnerability) SDN vs traditional networks comparison (a comparison of convergence times/protocols/performance impacts) BGP security Hybrid cloud analysis

My problem is that all of these are quite general so I'm struggling to really find a topic which stands out. I'm learning more towards something related to either security or software defined networks. I did initially want to tie in with something I currently do on my placement, but quickly realised it's hard to write a dissertation on something server related or SAN related and how this affects the manufacturing side of the business!

I appreciate any help or advice you can give me.



No comments:

Post a Comment