Tuesday, January 16, 2018

NAT Port Forward to Internal IP Address not working

I have a network that has 2 servers running clustered together via vSphere Server Appliance (VCSA) or otherwise known as vCenter. I have a single public IP address that I have NATed with a pfSense firewall so that all my virtual machines have an internet connection. My goal is to have VCSA externally accessible by logging into the portal via the URL.

Currently, when I go to the URL, I bring up the VCSA Web Client, and when I click on the HTML5/flash login, the URL bar in the browser changes from the URL, "fake.website.com", to "192.168.1.19", and then proceeds to time out.

I have narrowed the problem down to when I connect to the URL and click the HTML5/flash button to login; it tries to pull data from the local IP address "192.168.1.19", which it obviously cannot as I am external of that network.

I have floated around with many ideas that I am not sure would fix this. Would a virtual IP address fix this? I do not understand virtual IP addresses at all. Secondly, I tried a 1:1 NAT mapping that had the same effect as above. Could a combination of 1:1 NAT mapping and NAT reflection fix this? I currently have NAT reflection turned off.

If you need any clarification or have an idea as to a solution, I am eager to hear it.

Public IP address: 1.2.3.4 Internal IP address: 192.168.1.19 URL: fake.website.com



No comments:

Post a Comment