Friday, January 12, 2018

Juniper EX4550 Q-in-Q issues

Hi all

I have a pair of EX4550's that I am having some real issues with getting Q-in-Q tagging working.

The EX4550's have a virtual cross connect to another datacenter that is delivered over a trunk port. The other end is plugged into a M' where the outer VLAN tag is popped for inbound traffic/pushed for outbound traffic and the VLANs are then bridged to a QFX. The MX/QFX end looks like it is working fine, the interface counters on the MX show that traffic is leaving and I can see the inbound counters going up on the EX4550 at the same rate.

My issue is I have no reachability between the two datacenters - I can't ping anything as an example. When I check the counters on the EX I can see that nothing is being sent out the interface to the virtual cross connect, it is only receiving.

It doesn't look like I can pop the VLAN tag like I can on the MX either which is a pain. If I just set up a L3 interface on both ends and use the link with a single normal VLAN tag it works fine. The EX is running an old version of JunOS, 12.3R6. The painful part is I only need this working for a couple of weeks to move a bunch of VM's and the EX side will be decommissioned.

I am wondering if anyone has seen the same behaviour with the Ex's and Q-in-Q where the outbound interface counter seems to show 0 traffic. I have checked the MTU and tried a lot of different combos of config options with no luck:(



No comments:

Post a Comment