Friday, January 19, 2018

Is there a way to wipe/reconfigure a Cisco router remotely?

I'm having to reconfigure one of our routers next week, but I'm trying to figure out if I can reconfigure it from my office instead of driving 3 1/2 hours to do so.

The new config is not all that different, the static public IP (from ISP) is still the same, but the internal IP's are changing. Vlan IP's, IP of our DMVPN tunnel, and ip ssh rsa keypair-name would be under a different name.

The thing I'm worried about is if I will still have remote access when I reconfigure it. Normally when I reconfigure one of our routers, I wr er then just paste the new config in, copy run start, boom done. But I always have to generate new crypto keys in order for us to gain remote access.

Is there a way to do all this remotely? Could I copy the new config onto a text file, upload it to the router, then boot from that file, and then copy run start?

Worse case scenario I have to go out there, which is not a huge deal, but I was just wondering.



No comments:

Post a Comment