Monday, January 1, 2018

Home network slow, I'm stumped, please help...

Have WOW internet 50MB service. Using a separate DOCSYS 3.0 cable modem (TPLink TC-7620) that is connected to a router (TPLink TRW-841N).

So I recently found that my service is slow. Called WOW and they had me direct hook the cable modem to a laptop, bypassing the router, and the speed test proved that the full 50MB service was coming through.

The issue is, when I connect a router (I have tried above and two other models including a brand new one) I am only getting between 3 and 10MB. And that is via direct wired connection to the router. Wifi speeds are similarly slow of course.

I have tried isolating the cable between the router and the cable modem and it is fine (that same cable delivered 50MB when directly connected to the computer).

I have tweaked the DHCP settings on the router to no avail.

I have tried multiple routers and different ports on the router.

A new cable modem is on the way but I am not convinced that will solve the issue.

Any ideas???



No comments:

Post a Comment