Thursday, January 4, 2018

FreeRADIUS/PacketFence or Aruba Clearpass?

Currently we have many different RADIUS servers for different uses, for example NPS for Wireless 802.1x, FreeRADIUS for authenticating mobile users, another FreeRADIUS for device management and then a OTP software that also has built-in RADIUS server.

I'm thinking of consolidating these all to a single FreeRADIUS pair, but I guess I'd need PacketFence for 802.1x? We'd like to be able to do 802.1x in wired LAN also. With machine certificates stored in AD.

How do you manage such a cluster with many different uses? Every use case in a different FreeRADIUS virtual server? I tried playing around with FreeRADIUS + Active Directory but seems quite painful as it seems you need to add the server as a AD member (and we have few different ADs I'd need to have the same server connected to)

Or should I just forget the open source idea and go with Aruba Clearpass?



No comments:

Post a Comment