Thursday, January 25, 2018

Fortinet Switches

Hey y'all,

I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with FortiSwitches and if so what is your opinion/experience?

Background is we are replacing switching at 4 branch offices all sub 100 users. We have very basic needs. Just need to be able to do vlans (one voice) and maybe some very simple ACLs. We are a non-profit so price is very important for us and the Fortinet Switches are coming in several thousand less than anything else.

Also, this will be the first time I'm building branch LANs from the ground up and would like some feed back on my plan. We have an ISP provided MPLS network between sites. I would like to use layer 3 switches at each site to terminate our vlans. Right now we have a router on a stick setup which I believe is an old way of doing things. Also, because the ISP manages these routers I feel like terminating on the switches give us more control and flexibility.

I'd appreciate any feedback on either the switches or my plan.

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment