Saturday, January 27, 2018

EIGRP

 10.15.0.0/16 --Routed Link-- Core1 ---vpc---- Core2 | | | | Dist1 ---vpc--- Dist2 v1015 v1016 | | | | | | R1 ________________R2 | 10.16.0.0/16 

Hi all, most likely a very stupid EIGRP question for you, I have a setup like above with two metro-e lines between my office (R1 and R2) and my dataceter (Core1-2 and Dist1-2).

I create a VLAN for for each, call it 1015 and 1016 then I create the SVI on the Core. Its at this point that my brain shuts down and I need help. If I create an SVI on only one core so that for instance R1 and Core1 can become EIGRP neighbors I get a VPC status check failed because the SVI's on the two cores don't match up. If I create the SVI on both of the cores then the two cores will also form an EIGRP relationship on that interface, when I do that for v1015 and v1016 I have two neighbor relationships between the cores on top of the routed link that I built specifically for the peering.

Would you suggest configuring a static neighbor or is that going to bite me in the ass down the road? It's my thought process that the ideal end state would be R1 has Core1 and Core2 as neighbors R2 has Core 1 and Core2 as neighbors and R1 and R2 are neighbors. Then in the event of a core failure I still get the use of both my 1GB lines and in the event of a line failure traffic will flow over the link. Am I overthinking this?



No comments:

Post a Comment