Tuesday, January 16, 2018

DHCP reservation on C3650

Hi guys, I need to add a few DHCP reservations and would love some advices.
We haven’t any DHCP server at the moment, that’s why I need to configure them directly on our switches.
Our infrastructure is a mess of bad practices, we are currently in the process of making significant modifications to improve the situation. (I’m at this job for a few months now, first real job for me)

My question is pretty basic : I have a simple /24 dhcp pool without any excluded address, and I need to do a few dhcp reservations (3) in the same pool.

Do I have any possibilities other than making 3 new dhcp pools as follow ?

ip dhcp pool $(poolName)

host $(ip address) /24

default-router $(gateway)

name-servers $(dns)

I read that you don’t have to exclude these host reservation or they won’t be handed over to the client. Can you confirm that they won’t conflict with the already created /24 pool (as they belong in it) ?

Thanks for you inputs and have a great day!

edit: formatting..



No comments:

Post a Comment