Saturday, January 27, 2018

Dental Clinic Setup

Hello I'm sure this subreddit gets lots of requests for help, but after searching I couldn't find someone asking for this setup before.

Looking at setting up a dental clinic. Planning to have a Computer + Roku 4k (just for the remote headphone feature - don't plan on streaming 4k) in about 10 rooms. May need to upgrade to 15 rooms in the future. In addition the reception area will have several computers as will my office so, let's add an additional 6 computers. There will also be a 3D printer, 3D scanner, a Extraoral Xray machine + computer. So I'm looking at least 30 systems that will be hard wired in with possible expansion up to 40. A server hosting the practice management libraries and radiograph images will have to be in place as well.

I would like to have a guest wifi for patients while they're in the office. In addition some surveillance system setup for entrance/reception area would be great.

From what I understand Ubiquiti products seem to have a great reputation and likely could meet my needs.

Anyway I would appreciate any insight on this. I'll be hiring this job out to a local IT guy as my computer skills in regards to networking are complete ignorance. However I would love to have a basic grasp on things in order to convey my plans effectively.



No comments:

Post a Comment