Thursday, January 25, 2018

CRC errors only seen on one side of the connection, from Cisco 3560 to Adtran 3458

Greetings!

I am stumped on an issue (along with Windstream). We have a dedicated fiber connection from Windstream. Windstream's IAD is an Adtran Netvanta 3458. From their Eth0/2, it connected to my Layer 3 switch, a Cisco 3560 (12.2(25r)SEE4).

On my Cisco port, I see occasional input errors and CRC. It's slow incrementing, but we have seen some packet loss on it. We have tried the following:

Make sure both ports are set to Auto Changed cables, tried straight-through and crossover Changed ports on the 3560 (i've tried 3 different ones) Set ports on both ends back to 100/full (Adtran Eth interfaces are 100 only)

On the Adtran, Windstream sees no CRC or input errors at all. On my 3560, i've seen no other CRC errors on any other port. I've always thought if you see CRC errors on one side it should appear on the other as well.

What else can I try?



No comments:

Post a Comment