Thursday, January 18, 2018

Client cannot remote in from new ISP

The Setup: Client uses Windows based PPTP VPN. Router is an EdgerouterX forwarding ports 47 and 1723. Her new ISP is called DigitalPath.

The established VPN works fine from my office an hour away and it works for her other remote employees so I'm confident that the config of the VPN isn't the cause of this but I am not ruling that out yet.

Previously my client has been able to remote in from her home DSL connection but she has moved to a more remote area where the only internet available is wireless based. So she has an antenna on her house acting as her gateway.

I have tried working with her ISP to reestablish the connection so they configured a DMZ for me to use and I configured her home router with the DMZ settings that they gave me but the VPN does not establish a connection. I don't know if I can get anywhere else with the ISP.

I'm not a master of anything so any help would be greatly appreciated and I'm sorry if I left out any crucial information. My client is trying to retire so I would appreciate it if she could do the rest of her work at home like she was before she moved houses.



No comments:

Post a Comment