Thursday, January 18, 2018

Cisco RV320 with 3 VLANs, 1 has a Windows AD/DHCP/DNS Server and can't ping devices on the other 2

VLAN 1 has a Windows 2008 Server doing Active Directory, DNS and DHCP, along with a Copier.

VLAN 2 has a Buffalo NAS

VLAN 3 doesn't have much relevant equipment

I'm trying to get the Copier on VLAN 1 to scan to the NAS on VLAN 2. I can ping the copier from the NAS. I can not ping the NAS from the copier. I have the same behavior from my laptop on the respective VLANs. Devices on VLAN 3 seem to be able to communicate with devices on VLAN 2 without issue. Previously, the Cisco router was doing DHCP and DNS for VLAN 2 and 3, but yesterday I created 2 DHCP sites for VLAN 2 and 3 on the Windows Server and enabled DHCP relay on the Cisco so the Windows server could do DNS and DHCP for the whole network, to try to fix this issue. I verified devices on all 3 subnets were getting the correct IP addresses. Inter-VLAN routing is enabled on all VLANs on the Cisco. The switches on the network are unmanaged (dumb) switches.

Any thoughts on what to do to start diagnosing this issue?



No comments:

Post a Comment