Monday, January 29, 2018

Cisco 5508 Upgrade path from 7.2

Hi guys,

I just find a maintenance window to update one of our WLC to address KRACKS issue. The Firmware/Software are quite old :

Software: 7.2.110 FUS: 1-7-0-0

Target :

Software : 8.2.166.0 FUS : 1-9-0-0

I've never done an update from this version to this one. I searched on the net but I didn't found exactly what I was looking for and I also found some kind of "confusing" answer.

On "random" website : "7.2.x releases You can upgrade directly to 8.3.133.0."

On Cisco website I didn't find any precise information but some comments refer to possible issue/bug by upgrading to 8.2.X from prior to release 7.4.

Did anyone of you experience such upgrade? Is it safe to do it "directly" or should I go for an interim version 7.4 or 7.6 before pushing the final one?



No comments:

Post a Comment