Friday, January 5, 2018

Can't discover server at remote location

I am working with two physical locations connected via VPN.

From A I can ping everything at B by IP address and hostname.

From B I can ping everything at A by IP address and hostname.

I have a 2016 file server at B which is 100% accessible from A by IP, hostname, share name, everything.

The only thing I can't do is browse to the machine under Network (network discovery) from a machine at A - though I can browse to it from any machine at B.

I can browse to discovered machines at A from any machine at B, and I can browse to every machine at B from A except for this one.

All of the Network Discovery services are active and working (since I can discover this machine from any other machine at B), it is just this one machine which can't be discovered from A.



No comments:

Post a Comment