Wednesday, January 17, 2018

BFD with DMVPN Example and Real World Experience

Hello,

I am looking at running a lab for BFD on our DMVPN WAN infrastructure. We do not currently run PFR or any other iWAN but we are looking at it for a 2018 initiative.

This guide makes it look simple, however I am curious if anyone has any real world experience with it.

http://ift.tt/2rjTpYa

I have a lab set up for a remote spoke site, however I do not have a lab HUB network so I would have to test in production (With change control, etc).

Is it really as easy as the following?

Spoke:

bfd-template single-hop BFD-TEMPLATE

interval min-tx 1000 min-rx 1000 multiplier 5 <-- TIMINGS I WANT, Anything suggested here?

interface tunnel#

bfd template BFD-TEMPLATE

Hub:

bfd-template single-hop BFD-TEMPLATE

interval min-tx 1000 min-rx 1000 multiplier 5 <-- MATCHING THE SPOKE SIDE TIMINGS

interface Tunnel#

bfd template sample

router eigrp #

bfd all-interfaces <-- Can this be set to just one interface for testing?

Any tips would be great, Just looking for gotcha's or maybe a configuration example.

Thanks everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment