Thursday, January 18, 2018

Best way to setup DC Failover WAN?

We have been hosting some customer servers in-house for several years, using a Fiber primary WAN and Cable failover WAN. We've only had a few failovers so it has never been a problem for the Failover DNS to take over and keep things online.

But we're growing and expanding, so we are moving our servers and our customers into a local datacenter. But I'm trying to rack my brain on the best way to do WAN failover for the DC. I don't want to continue DNS Failover, because occasionally DNS servers for outside groups won't update then we are blacklisted by AOL, Yahoo, etc because the DNS records are wrong. We don't own the IP subnets, nor are they big enough, so we can't do multi-homed BGP. I was looking at SD-WAN or Cloud Firewall solutions, but that's just another point of failure I can't control.

How would you suggest doing internet and failover in your DC? Am I over-thinking this?



No comments:

Post a Comment