Friday, January 26, 2018

Best way of conveying that VPN tunnels are not circuits?

Morning (or afternoon, or evening depending on where you are) /r/networking.

The title says the gist of it. I have run into this more times than I can count over the years, but I have decided that I need a new strategy, because nothing I have done in the past has worked. And I guess as I get older I have grown more cranky and do not want to say something I will regret. I just need some feedback from others to expound on some methods used to explain to non-technical, or of a limited networking background that a VPN tunnel going down for a few seconds once a week is not a huge deal, and will happen regardless of hardware or configuration. That if you need absolute connectivity you need a circuit.

Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment