Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Any software alternatives to Fluke LinkRunner 2000 features?

Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask if there are any windows/linux software alternatives to features that run on the Fluke LinkRunner 2000. In particular, the port information it retrieves; I.E. switch hostname and port that its connect to. I just can't imagine that there isn't an app that does that same thing that doesn't require SNMP community, just like the fluke doesn't require that information to get information, but I could be wrong. I do have physical access to the switches and I can run all of the necessary commands to find out what port which devices is on etc. And yes, I have this Fluke which makes life so much easier when I have it in my tool bag.

However, if I just don't happen to have the tool on me I was hoping there was some sort of software alternative I can run on my laptop to at least find the switch/port that I'm on to quickly find a run that needs to be found in those situations that there are no jack labels or terrible labeling.

Thanks! Phyrexious



No comments:

Post a Comment