Monday, January 8, 2018

Adding a vendor switch to internal network

Our vending machine provider is doing a major upgrade in our break room. We're going from vending machines to a kiosk type setup where we open a door and grab what we want. Anyways this setup includes a Cisco RV110W Firewall where all their equipment connect to. The Cisco device then connects to our network. I'm having difficulties getting the devices that are connected to this Cisco device to reach the internet to phone home.

When I connect a laptop to the Cisco device I'm not able to ping anything on our end. Our corporate network uses HP equipment. I have the port untagged to a VLAN that the Cisco device connects to.

I've received the username / password so I can also set the IP statically on the Cisco device. That did not fix the issue either. Devices are unable to ping through this network and the Cisco device can't ping the default gateway when set statically. My networking is lacking and I'm looking for ideas on how to accomplish this.

Also what would you guys do in this particular setup? As I said their devices need to phone home using our equipment. Would you create a new VLAN for this vendor equipment?

Thanks, Talgon



No comments:

Post a Comment