Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Acronym pronunciation

My coworkers and I have a silly little disagreement on the pronunciation of VRF. I spell it out "vee-are-eff", but most of them say "verf." How do you pronounce it?

I find that usually these things end up being different from organization to organization, so in that sense it really doesn't matter as long as you understand each other. At the same time, I used to work with a guy who would pronounce MPLS as "mipples," which would aggravate me to no end.

To make this a more general topic, are there any networking acronyms that you see a lot of disagreement on, or wish more people would pronounce your way (i.e. "the right way"?) Any good stories of times a customer insisted on a certain pronunciation and you had to just roll with it?



No comments:

Post a Comment