Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Writing a 5000 word essay on encryption on the web, ideas needed.

For my A-Levels I'm writing an essay on whether or not encryption on the net is good and if there are alternatives for my EPQ. This counts as half an A-Level and offers UCAS points so I wanna do as well as possible in it.

Obviously it is ultimately a good thing but for the sake of having something to write I'm arguing both sides. At the moment I have the following things to talk about:

  • what is it & how does it work.
  • ways of cracking encryption.
  • laws in place to protect personal data and privacy on the web.
  • censorship and the role that encryption plays in it.
  • net neutrality.
  • pros of encryption.
  • cons of encryption.
  • example of encryption related stories making headlines.

Any ideas are strongly appreciated, thanks :)



No comments:

Post a Comment