Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Wireless networking performance question

I am currently using a Cisco Small Business 4410N WAP, I am uplinked to the work via Spectrums 60mb cable service. In my house I have a total of 9 devices associated at any one time: Laptop 2 x Desktops 2 x Roku Sticks 3 x cell phones Kindle Fire

The Rokus feel the pain more than anything else.. video quality takes a dive from 1080p to around 480p randomly.

None of my devices are 802.11AC complaint however I feel as though the wap is my weak link. I'm looking for advice on this. I am currently planning on upgrading the WAP to AC however I have about a month to go before that will happen.

I 'believe' that all my devices are N compatible.. if so would disabling B/G support help any?

This is not a critical issues, but having been in IT for quite a while I am now more curious than anything to figure this out.



No comments:

Post a Comment