Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Wireless access point questions

So I have an Asus ac3100 series router and a Netgear ac1750 router.

I currently use the Asus router and it covers my home more than well enough. The problem is, I am using a Netgear USB wifi adapter on my desktop and it's maxing out at about 50mbs. I pay for 100mb down and 10 up.

Could I expect better speeds if I connect my Netgear router in as a wireless access point and hardwire my desktop into the wireless ap? I know that the main router and access point will still be communicating wirelessly which is only half duplex correct? So I'll still get slower speeds than wiring. But I can't run cabling through the house. Anyone have experience with this scenario?

I've tried power line adapters as well and it doesn't get any better than just using the wifi adapter.

Any help is appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment