Saturday, December 16, 2017

What are some signs to watch out for when interviewing?

Hello fellow networkers,

So I have decided to look for new work after 2 years at my current job and my recent jobs I have had bad series of luck. To explain a bit the last job was not a bad job at all then all of a sudden my boss kept pulling me aside and telling me that networking was a dead career and I should consider generalizing a bit.

The job before that I worked at an MSP for 4 years and the job wasnt bad except for low pay and worked me to death.

My current job I joined and they needed help splitting their company apart into multiple companies. Seemed like a good challenge and I would get experience with Palo Alto, I would be in charge of standardizing the new company etc. They offered to pay for my school, certs, the whole 9 yards. We split about 4 months later. The new company I was assigned to in the split refused to pay for my schooling, my certs, and feels security and networking budget is not high importance. (So I am looking to leave). However, I did standardize them, better secured them, etc and am trying to learn scripting better while I look.

So I been at this about 8 - 9 years now and I was wondering, what are some things us interviewers should look out for or some good questions we could ask? I'd love to end up at a place to be for 5+ years instead of 2 - 3.



No comments:

Post a Comment