Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Virtual Lab Question: IOS-XRv, IOSv, or CSR1000v for CCNP

I was one of those people who got a VIRL subscription and found the interface too unforgiving for the precious amount of time I have per day to study. Luckily I now have all the images and a year of image updates. I spun up EVE-NG in Workstation Pro and I was shocked how intuitive it is. The rumors of a near-perfect sim/emu are true! Now I need to pick out which images to use.

I just started my studying for CCNP Route and I have these 3 images: IOS-XRv, IOSv, and CSR1000v. It appears that the CSR1000 is the most resource-heavy of the 3 [I might be wrong]. I'd like to know which image would be kindest on my host resources [Gen 7 i7/32gb of RAM/SSD] and I want to know if these images can do everything I need for CCNP ROUTE. It would be great if one image could do everything I need.

Can anyone give me some insight?



No comments:

Post a Comment